Last week, we celebrated Thanksgiving. I hope each of you enjoyed the time with family and friends as much as I did. The week before Thanksgiving, I found a paper on the counter next to our laptop at home. It was a list of ten items titled “I AM THANKFUL FOR”. My wife tells me she got it years ago from one of her aunts and she likes to read it each year at Thanksgiving. I do not know who the author is, but I think it is really good and would like to share it with you.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
- The mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
- The taxes I pay because it means that I’m employed.
- The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
- A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
- The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
- All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- The lady behind me at church who sings off key because it means I can hear.
- My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
- The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means I’m alive.
- Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
Each of us has much to be thankful for. All of us at PDMi are very thankful for the many relationships we get to enjoy each and every day.